Salesforce Summer 23 Release is here!
The Salesforce Summer release is here, and it’s packed with exciting new features and updates.
Here is a highlight of some of the main new features coming in this release.
Manage user permissions and assignments with ease
One of the key highlights of this release is the improved user permissions and assignments management system. Now when creating or editing fields, one can set the Field-level security on permission sets instead of profiles (GA). In addition, delegated administrators can now manage assignments for permission set groups. This feature allows bundling permission sets that are required for a certain job function. Admins can also take advantage of the User Access Policies (Beta) feature, which allows defining assignment rules for permission sets, queues, public groups, and more.
UI / UX
The UI/UX (user interface / user experience) has also received some important upgrades:
- You can now use Mass Quick Actions on Related Lists (Beta) to update multiple records in a list view or related list from a Quick Action.
- When you open a dialog in a console app, it only covers the active tab, so you can switch to another tab without closing the dialog.
- Related lists and object home pages are now faster and rendered with Lightning Web Components (LWC).
- Admins can now configure which objects and fields are searchable for each profile.
- Access all your reports and dashboards in one consolidated place with the now generally available Analytics tab.
- With Dynamic Forms on Mobile (Beta), you can use sections and visibility conditions for your mobile users.
- HTTP callout (GA) now allows sending data to an external system using the POST method (Beta). Also, external services (which are the HTTP callout definitions) can now be edited declaratively instead of by modifying the generated JSON.
- Screen flow components can now react to changes in other components, making it possible to set the default value of an input field based on the value of another field on the same screen, or to show summary values calculated based on other fields.
- The Send Email action now supports Classic and Lightning email templates and can automatically log activities to the related record.
- The Data Table screen component can now show a search bar, and allow users to filter the results shown in the table.
- Flow builder got some design improvements, to meet accessibility guidelines and gain more screen real estate.
- Lastly, the option to create new Process Builder processes is no longer available, use the migrate to flow tool to convert your existing processes to flow, this tool can now also convert processes with scheduled actions.
When is this release available
The release is already available in pre-release orgs and in preview sandboxes (In preview sandboxes since May 5 and May 6, 2023). Non-preview instances will be updated on June 9 and June 10, 2023.
Overall, this Salesforce Summer 2023 release provides some powerful and upgraded tools and capabilities. From UI / UX upgrades to streamlined workflows and elevated customer engagement, this release empowers businesses to unlock new opportunities for growth and success. By embracing the latest innovations, organizations can maintain their competitive edge and deliver exceptional customer experiences in the ever-evolving digital landscape.
Contact us today to learn more from AllCloud experts about this release and about Salesforce in general.