Today’s healthcare systems have faced a rapid pace of change with scaling operations, rapid increase in demand for TeleMedicine, delivering service with new work from home models, all while simultaneously needing to reduce costs.
Healthcare organizations are looking for solutions that can address both immediate and long-term challenges, including these critical challenges:
- Care coordination: When seeking care, patients may interact with various healthcare providers and are expecting that their information is shared across this continuum of care. To do so requires integration and coordination between multiple IT systems throughout a provider network.
- Patient engagement: Engaging patients to be active participants in managing their health is a crucial pillar of future healthcare. Addressing the various aspects of patient engagement is required to provide a comprehensive patient engagement experience.
- Compliance and security: Sensitive health data must be protected to ensure patient privacy. Compute, storage, and networking solutions need to provide the required security level across cloud environments and ensure that IT infrastructure is maintained in compliance with changing policies and regulations.
AWS is helping organizations quickly scale their technology and infrastructure to help maintain clinical and operational continuity during this unprecedented time for our global healthcare system.
Enter Amazon Connect
Amazon Connect is an easy to use omnichannel cloud contact center that helps companies provide superior customer service at a lower cost. Over ten years ago, Amazon’s retail business needed a contact center to give customers personal, dynamic, and natural experiences. Amazon couldn’t find one that met their needs, so they built it. Now, AWS has made this available for all businesses. Today, thousands of companies ranging from 10 to tens of thousands of agents use Amazon Connect to serve millions of customers daily.
Designed from the ground up to be omnichannel, Amazon Connect provides a seamless experience across voice and chat for your customers and agents. Amazon Connect includes one set of tools for skills-based routing, powerful real-time and historical analytics, and easy-to-use intuitive management tools – all with pay-as-you-go pricing, which means Amazon Connect simplifies contact center operations, improves agent efficiency, and lowers costs. You can set up a contact center in minutes that can scale to support millions of customers.
Implementing a call center powered by Amazon Connect can positively impact a healthcare facility. With Connect, you will increase efficiency with web chatbots and voice conversational agents that can allow your staff to help triage patients and do what they do best. Plus, Amazon Connect can help protect and scale your clinical team through remote visits via telemedicine or enable a remote research team and collaborate with team members from around the world.
How can Amazon Connect impact healthcare facilities?
- Cost – reduce costs and save money – Healthcare systems today are feeling the pressure and need to reduce costs without affecting the level of service is critical. Healthcare providers are dealing with many forces that are impacting the bottom line. AWS helps solve this problem. The level of customer service needed has majorly increased based on communication for COVID related testing and how to address regular care at a time of change. Amazon Connect allows you to pay for what you use as opposed to paying per agent. Plus, the resources needed to maintain and manage are significantly less, allowing you to focus time on additional strategic initiatives. Amazon Connect costs less than legacy contact center systems. With Amazon Connect, you pay only for your time interacting with customers, plus any associated telephony and messaging charges. Plus, there are no minimum monthly fees, long-term commitments, upfront license charges, and pricing is not based on peak capacity, agent seats, or maintenance.
- Work at home with the ability to deliver service from your agents, from anywhere. Spin up home-based agents quickly, not just for calling, but chat and more full omnichannel service capabilities. With only a few clicks, your agents are ready and set up, making it easy for you to set up and manage everything remotely.
- Scalability – With Amazon Connect, you can scale your contact center up or down to any size, onboarding hundreds of agents in response to regular business cycles or unplanned events. As part of the AWS cloud, you can support your customers by accessing Amazon Connect from anywhere in the world in a secure, reliable, and highly scalable way. Agents and managers just need a supported web browser and an internet connection to engage with customers from anywhere.
- Future-proofing – The landscape as we know it has shifted, and the need to have cloud-based operations and tools will only continue to grow. Connect is a simple way to get the base started in AWS and start, allowing you to build out with AWS for the longer-term quickly.
- Customizable – Easily customizable to build it precisely for healthcare systems needs, including maintaining secure information to comply with HIPAA. Customized solutions for what they need and how they need to work with their members, payers, and providers. By running on AWS, you gain access to an environment built for the world’s most secure organizations. Also, AWS makes security easier by managing over 1800 security controls – so you don’t have to.
- Make changes in minutes, not months – Increase the speed of innovation thanks to the simple set-up and management of Amazon Connect. With only a few clicks, you can set up an omnichannel contact center, and agents can begin talking and messaging with customers. You can also reuse the same automated interactions you already have to create chat flows. Making changes is easy with an intuitive UI that allows you to create voice and chat contact flows, without any coding, rather than custom development that can take months and cost millions of dollars.
- Launch an industry leading self-services customer experience – Build natural conversational experiences to empower your customer to self-services. By implementing Amazon Lex within Amazon Connect you can leverage both automatic speech recognition (ASR) and natural language processing (NLP) capabilities natively within the solution.
Jumpstart your Healthcare Call Center
The opportunity exists for your organization to evolve your call center operations with Amazon Connect and Salesforce Service Cloud. Amazon Connect allows your organization to deploy a modern call center that lets you respond quickly and efficiently, all at a pay per user cost model. Plus, since Amazon Connect is built on AWS, your organization will have access to AWS’s full power, meaning you will no longer be siloed.
At AllCloud, our leading AWS experts have been working on the synergies between Amazon Connect to solve customer business challenges for years. AllCloud leverages a Cloud Contact Center adoption approach and methodology by which we help customers initially with an Exploration Phase by which the power of the technology is evaluated. Then we ultimately lead to an Innovation Phase, in which the organization has matured its processes and approaches to truly transform its Call Center Operations into a center of customer innovation.
If you want to learn more, contact our AllCloud experts today!