ASC Profiles, LLC is a leading manufacturer of steel roof and wall products, and structural roof and floor decks. A BlueScope Company since 2008, ASC Profiles operates manufacturing facilities throughout the west coast of the United States.
Until recently, the ASC Profiles sales team used spreadsheets to manage product configuration and pricing through three separate business units. The sales team would manually compile a quote in Excel, create a PDF for signature, email to the client, and then send the signed quote to support staff, who would manually enter the information into SAP®.
However, this toolset and process created several challenges for the company:
- Lack of control over the information the sales team used to generate quotes resulting in out of date product configurations for customers.
- Salespeople were required to become experts on myriad details of product configurations which vastly increased the training time for new team members.
- This setup created duplicate work involving support staff to manually key in data to SAP by hand resulting in unnecessary expense and the added risk of mistakes.
- There was a lack of quoting and analytics reporting to understand quoting performance.
- Proper audit trail and compliance for quoting was not consistent approval process was often via phone or email
Upon identifying these challenges, ASC Profiles realized the opportunity to reduce errors, costs, and time spent as well as establish reporting and analytics by introducing a standardized and automated CPQ system. This approach would also make the entire process auditable, allow the company to manage margin via approvals for quotes, and provide salespeople with instant feedback on the validity of product configurations and quotes. Read the whole story on how ASC Profiles achieved enormous benefits by going live with their CPQ solution.