Data Engineer Manager
About The Position
Are you passionate about data and delivering solutions for clients that turn data into valuable, actionable information for their business?
We are seeking a knowledgeable Data Engineer Manager who is intelligent, hard-working, and excited about helping shape the technology direction for Integress and AllCloud Company and our clients. The ideal candidate is one who is intellectually curious, a person who has a very solid technical foundation, and proven experience leveraging the latest and greatest cloud data solutions to support business intelligence, analytics, machine learning, and AI.
The main responsibility of this role is to implement Data solutions that support analytics and to help build and maintain our ever-growing data & analytics practice. This requires a unique combination of skills: ability to create a technical solution from a strategic vision; hands-on ability to drive execution by leading a team of data engineers. Proven ability to adapt to new technologies and techniques; implement methodologies for maintaining, monitoring, and enhancing cloud platforms; and the ability work effectively with agile project teams of data strategists, data engineers, data scientists, and business intelligence developers.
This candidate is one who is a well-rounded technologist and mentor, with good communication and relationship building skills. We are all about cloud data & analytics. You will be exposed to many technologies and unique challenges with like-minded, passionate people.
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience, in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or a related field. Commensurate work experience will be considered in lieu of degree.
- 5+ years of managing, developing, and deploying scalable enterprise data solutions (Enterprise Data Warehouses, Data Marts, ETL/ELT workloads, etc.)
- 5+ years’ experience writing complex SQL queries, stored procedures, etc. as well as developing data models
- 5+ years managing technical delivery teams
- 2+ years of hands-on experience developing and deploying scalable data solutions using MPP databases (Redshift, Snowflake, or Azure Synapse Analytics), data storage (S3 or Azure Blob Storage) and analytics platforms (i.e. Spark, Databricks, etc.).
- Demonstrated ability to communicate highly technical concepts in business terms and articulate business value of adopting cloud data technologies
- Experience in database migration, database replication, Change Data Capture (CDC) technologies
- Experience in architecting and implementing Disaster Recovery and High Availability for critical data stores, data pipelines and supporting infrastructures
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience working at a consulting company
- DevOps/DataOps experience