About The Position
Are you passionate about data and delivering solutions for clients that turn data into valuable, actionable information for their business?
This role with work with ETL developers, DBAs, and business users to gather data requirements and create logical and physical data models, including those with specialized or complex requirements. Develop, manage, and update data models, including logical and physical models.
The ideal candidate will have domain definitions experience and deep data warehouse expertise (Teradata, SQL Server/Synapse, DB2, Exadata, Netezza, Snowflake, etc.). Mapping numerous data sources (Source to Target Mapping) touching a variety of databases. This candidate will also have excellent problem-solving ability dealing with large volumes of data.
- Serve as a data modeler and define or document conceptual data models across enterprise master data, transaction data, and informational data.
- Ensure the proper alignment of the physical and logical data models with use cases and business defined objectives.
- Work with business SMEs and data stewards to identify “To-Be” enterprise data models that will model the data as it should be.
- Actively involved in eliciting and applying business data requirements from stakeholders, coordinating across multiple team members, understand the impact of data model changes across the business operational life cycle and understand technical solutions across different technologies
- Identify core business data needs and decompose and document them in diagrams, as needed.
- Modeling and curation of data for visualization and predictive modeling users
- Writing complex SQL queries, stored procedures, etc.
- Design and implementing universal models at various levels for various industries.
- Model both warehousing layers (3NF) and reporting layers (Dimensional Models) within Data Warehouses.
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience, in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or a related field. Commensurate work experience will be considered in lieu of degree
- 5+ years of experience with data analysis and data modeling
- Experience with using a 3NF approach and data modeling tools (Erwin/Idera)
- Experience in working with data management concepts and activities including industry best practices for data sourcing, key data elements, and data quality
- Experience with developing and maintaining logical and physical data models and data dictionaries
- Experience with developing standardized data vocabularies across large organizations and multiple business units and data issue identification, analysis, and remediation
- Ability to work within standardized and non-standardized processes to accomplish assigned tasks
- Ability to create and maintain data flows and documents using tools that include Visio, as necessary
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience working at a consulting company
- DevOps experience specifically related to Model SDLC