Director Data Engineering
About The Position
Seeking a Director Data Engineering with strong experience across the entire Cloud Data stack. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience in data pipelines (ELT/ETL), data warehousing and dimensional modeling, and curation of data sets for Data Scientists and Business Intelligence users. This candidate will also have excellent problem-solving ability dealing with large volumes of data.
- Building scalable Cloud data solutions using MPP Data Warehouses (Snowflake, DataBricks, or Azure Data Warehouse/Synapse), data storage (S3 or Azure Blob Storage) and analytics platforms (i.e. Spark, Databricks, etc.)
- Creation of data pipelines and transformations (ELT – Matillion, FiveTran, DBT, etc. and/or ETL – Informatica, Talend, etc.)
- Modeling and curation of data for visualization and predictive modeling users
- Design and implementation of AWS and/or Azure services such as Lambda, SNS, etc.
- Creating data integrations with scripting languages such as Lambda, Python, etc.
- Writing complex SQL queries, stored procedures, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience, in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or a related field. Commensurate work experience will be considered in lieu of degree
- Experience building scalable Cloud data solutions using MPP Data Warehouses (Snowflake, Redshift, or Azure Data Warehouse/Synapse), data storage (S3 or Azure Blob Storage) and analytics platforms (i.e. Spark, Databricks, etc.)
- 10+ years with complex SQL queries and scripting
- 5+ years’ experience with AWS and/or Azure Cloud
- 7+ years developing, and deploying scalable enterprise data solutions (Enterprise Data Warehouses, Data Marts, ETL/ELT workloads, etc.)
- 5+ years of supporting business intelligence and analytic projects
- 2+ years’ DevOps experience
- Good understanding of code repositories such as GIT
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience with a Business Intelligence tool such as Tableau, PowerBI, etc.
- Experience working at a consulting company
- Experience with Data Vault architecture