About The Position
Are you passionate about data and delivering solutions for clients that turn data into valuable, actionable information for their business?
We’re hiring an Data Analyst with strong experience delivering analytics and insights from data, leveraging Cloud tools and modern ETL/ELT techniques. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience in developing data models to support the deployment and evolution of data warehouses based on standard methodologies. This candidate would be proficient in writing highly efficient transformations using SQL, and comfortable with standard version control and code promotion practices using git. Experience with modern cloud data warehouses (such as Snowflake) and transformation tools (such as dbt) would be highly desirable. Excellent problem-solving ability dealing with large volumes of data will round out the ideal candidate.
How You'll Make Your Mark:
- Work with cross-functional teams to research, develop and deliver data solutions, from concept to design and implementation
- Actively participate in data and metrics requirements gathering process with business stakeholders, SMEs and end users
- Actively contribute to development of data warehouses and data marts
- Actively contribute to and collaborate with Data Modelers in designing data models
- Transformation and curation of data using complex SQL queries, stored procedures, macros, etc.
- Support BI Developers and Data Scientists in analyzing complex data sets to uncover insights and provide recommendations
- Support data preparation and curation for ingestion into ML models
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience, in Computer Science, Data Science, Mathematics or a related field. Commensurate work experience will be considered in lieu of degree
- Experience supporting scalable Cloud data solutions using MPP Data Warehouses (Snowflake, Redshift, or Azure Synapse), data storage (AWS S3 or Azure Blob Storage) and analytics platforms (i.e. Spark, Databricks, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to communicate data insights and model results in business terms and articulate business value
- Demonstrated ability to work with any variety of data for the purpose of retrieval, movement, transformation and storage
- 3+ years developing and deploying scalable data warehouse/data marts by incorporating standard methodologies such as Dimensional modeling and DataVault 2.0.
- 2+ years supporting needs of Business Intelligence teams that use Tableau, PowerBI, Sigma, or similar tools
- 2+ years working with any relational or non-relational data platform(s)
- 2+ years working with business SME’s and end-users to understand and document their needs
- 1+ years supporting data preparation and ingestion for ML models
- Experience with dbt
- Experience with Snowflake
- Experience working at a consulting company
- Data visualization tools like Tableau, Looker, PowerBI