VP Data & Analytics Delivery
About The Position
We are seeking an experienced VP Data & Analytics professional who is enthusiastic and excited about helping shape the technology direction for our company. The ideal candidate is one who is intellectually curious, a person who has a very solid technical foundation, and proven experience with data warehousing, business intelligence, analytics, machine learning and AI.
The main responsibility of this role is to implement Data solutions based upon a Cloud-based Enterprise Data Warehouse in support of business intelligence and advanced analytics. This requires a unique combination of skills: the ability to craft a technical solution from a strategic vision; the hands-on ability to drive execution by leading a team of data, software and infrastructure engineers; the proven ability to adapt to new technologies and techniques; and the ability to work effectively with agile project teams of data strategists, data engineers, data scientists, and business intelligence developers.
Must have experience working with the C-Suite to understand their business goals and create a practical technical solution and roadmap; a solid understanding of Data Governance and how to apply the various tools, techniques, and architectural patterns to solve a critical business need; the ability to translate complex technical concepts to the C-level; and the experience to ensure execution and achievement of business outcomes.
This candidate is one who is a well-rounded technologist and mentor, with good communication and relationship building skills. The advantage of working for AllCloud, LLC is that we are all about cloud data & analytics. You will be exposed to many technologies and unique challenges with like-minded, passionate people.
● Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience, in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or a related field. Commensurate work experience will be considered in lieu of degree.
● 10+ years of managing, developing, and deploying scalable enterprise data solutions (Enterprise Data Warehouses, Data Marts, ETL/ELT workloads, etc.)
● 10+ years’ experience writing complex SQL queries, stored procedures, etc. as well as developing data models
● 3+ years of hands-on experience developing and deploying scalable data solutions using MPP databases (Redshift, Snowflake, or Azure Synapse Analytics), data storage (S3 or Azure Blob Storage) and analytics platforms (i.e. Spark, Databricks, etc.).
● 3+ years conceptualizing and crafting strategy that aligns technical initiatives to business goals at the Executive-level
● Excellent written and oral communication skills
● Demonstrated technical leadership experience managing a large project team
● Demonstrated ability to communicate highly technical concepts in business terms and articulate business value of adopting cloud data technologies
● Experience working with different types of data – structured, unstructured, and semi-structured in batch and real-time
● Experience in database migration, database replication, and Change Data Capture (CDC) technologies
● Experience in architecting and implementing Disaster Recovery and High Availability for critical data stores, data pipelines and supporting infrastructures