Director Data Engineering
About The Position
AllCloud is a global professional services company providing organizations with tools for cloud enablement and transformation. As an AWS Premier Consulting Partner and an official AWS Authorized Training Partner (ATP)., AllCloud helps clients connect their front office and back office by building a new operating model that allows them to harness the benefits of both Salesforce and AWS. With over 12 years of experience and a portfolio with thousands of successful cloud deployments, AllCloud serves clients across the globe. AllCloud has offices in Israel, Europe, and North America.
AllCloud is seeking a Director Data Engineering with strong experience across the entire Cloud Data stack. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience in data pipelines (ELT/ETL), data warehousing and dimensional modeling, and curation of data sets for Data Scientists and Business Intelligence users. This candidate will also have excellent problem-solving ability dealing with large volumes of data.
- Building scalable Cloud data solutions using MPP Data Warehouses (Snowflake, DataBricks, or Azure Data Warehouse/Synapse), data storage (S3 or Azure Blob Storage) and analytics platforms (i.e. Spark, Databricks, etc.)
- Creation of data pipelines and transformations (ELT – Matillion, FiveTran, DBT, etc. and/or ETL – Informatica, Talend, etc.)
- Modeling and curation of data for visualization and predictive modeling users
- Design and implementation of AWS and/or Azure services such as Lambda, SNS, etc.
- Creating data integrations with scripting languages such as Lambda, Python, etc.
- Writing complex SQL queries, stored procedures, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience, in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or a related field. Commensurate work experience will be considered in lieu of degree
- Experience building scalable Cloud data solutions using MPP Data Warehouses (Snowflake, Redshift, or Azure Data Warehouse/Synapse), data storage (S3 or Azure Blob Storage) and analytics platforms (i.e. Spark, Databricks, etc.)
- 10+ years with complex SQL queries and scripting
- 5+ years’ experience with AWS and/or Azure Cloud
- 7+ years developing, and deploying scalable enterprise data solutions (Enterprise Data Warehouses, Data Marts, ETL/ELT workloads, etc.)
- 5+ years of supporting business intelligence and analytic projects
- 2+ years’ DevOps experience
- Good understanding of code repositories such as GIT
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience with a Business Intelligence tool such as Tableau, PowerBI, etc.
- Experience working at a consulting company
- Experience with Data Vault architecture
Why Work for Us?
Our team inspires progress in each other and in our customers through our relentless pursuit of excellence; you will work with leaders who promote learning and personal development. We offer competitive salaries, bonus incentives, benefits, flexible hours, and mentoring. Apply now to become part of the team.
If you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications outlined above, that’s okay! We believe in hiring people, not just skills. If you have a passion to learn and are excited about Professional Services and Data & Analytics, then we want to hear from you!
AllCloud is also committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, and we want teammates who are similarly passionate about pushing for change in our industry.
AllCloud is for everyone, and we’re committed to anti-racist work. We welcome and employ people regardless of race, color, gender identity, religion, genetic information, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.