Machine Learning Engineer
About The Position
Location: US (Eastern Time) - Home based
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
AllCloud is a global professional services company providing organizations with cloud enablement and transformation tools. As an AWS Premier Consulting Partner and audited MSP, a Salesforce Platinum Partner, and a Snowflake Premier Partner, AllCloud helps clients connect their front and back offices by building a new operating model to harness the benefits of cloud technology and data and analytics.
We are looking for a savvy Machine Learning/Data Engineer to join our growing team of data experts. The hire will be primarily responsible for AI/ML projects on AWS leveraging native services as well as custom built models to deliver predictive insights to our customers. In addition, this hire will also support migrating to the cloud, optimizing our customers’ databases and data flows, and enriching our operational and functional data flow with AI/ML algorithms.
The ideal candidate is confident in data in any form or scale and happy to learn and teach new data tools. The candidate enjoys optimizing data systems and building them from the ground up. The Machine Learning Engineer will support new systems designs and migrate existing ones, working closely with solutions architects, project managers, and data scientists. They must be self-directed and comfortable supporting the data needs of multiple teams, systems, and products. The right candidate will be excited by the prospect of optimizing or re-designing our customers’ data architecture to support our next generation of products and data initiatives, and machine learning systems.
- Keep our customers’ data separated and secure to meet compliance and regulations requirements.
- Design, Build and Operate the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and cloud (mainly AWS) migration and ‘big data’ technologies.
- Optimize various RDBMS engines in the cloud and solve customers' security, performance, and operation problems.
- Design, Build and Operate large, complex data lakes that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
- Optimize various data types ingestion, storage, processing, and retrieval from near real-time events and IoT to unstructured data as images, audio, video and documents, and in between.
- Use Jupyter Notebooks to build and deploy ML models.
- Leverage AWS AI/ML pre built solutions to accelerate work for customers
- Work with customers and internal stakeholders, including the Executive, Product, Data, Software Development, and Design teams, to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure and business needs.
Summary of Key Requirements
- We seek a candidate with 3+ years of experience in a Data Scientist/Machine Learning Engineer role who has attained a Bachelor's (Graduate preferred) degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Informatics, Information Systems, or another quantitative field. They should also have experience using the following software/tools:
- Experience with big data tools: Spark, ElasticSearch, Hadoop, Kafka, Kinesis etc.
- Experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases, such as MySQL or Postgres and DynamoDB or Cassandra.
- Experience with AWS cloud services: EC2, RDS, EMR, Redshift etc.
- Experience with functional and scripting languages: Python, Java, Scala, etc.
- Experience with various ML models for classification, scoring and more.
- Experience with Deep Learning Neural Networks (Convolution, NLP etc.)
- Experience with AWS AI/ML Services
- Experience with Python coding
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases.
- Experience building and optimizing ‘big data’ data pipelines, architectures and data sets.
- Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets.
- Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management.
- Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing, and highly scalable ‘big data’ data stores.
- Experience supporting and working with external customers in a dynamic environment.
- AWS Machine Learning Specialty (Strongly Preferred)
- AWS Solutions Architect - Associate (Strongly Preferred)
Why work for us?
Our team inspires progress in each other and in our customers through our relentless pursuit of excellence; you will work with leaders who promote learning and personal development.
AllCloud is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, provincial, or local law.