Cloud Data Engineer
About The Position
We are seeking experienced Cloud Data Engineer who are enthusiastic and excited about helping shape the technology direction for AllCloud and our clients. The ideal candidate is one who is intellectually curious, a person who has a very solid technical foundation, and proven experience leveraging the latest and greatest cloud data solutions to support C-Level business outcomes through cloud data warehousing, business intelligence, analytics, machine learning and AI.
The main responsibility of this role is to craft and own the data strategy for clients and AllCloud. This requires a unique combination of business and technical skills: the ability to work with the C-Suite to understand their business goals and create a practical technical solution and roadmap; a solid understanding of the Cloud Data and Analytics Ecosystem and how to apply the various tools, techniques and architectural patterns to solve a critical business need; the ability to translate complex technical concepts to the C-level; and the experience to ensure execution and achievement of business outcomes. This role will be collaborating with the technical team of cloud data architects, cloud data engineers, cloud analytic engineers, data scientists, and business intelligence developers.
The advantage of working for AllCloud is that we are all about cloud data & analytics in a red-hot market. You will be exposed to many technologies and unique business challenges with like-minded, passionate people.
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience, in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or a related field. Commensurate work experience will be considered in lieu of degree;
- 3+ years conceptualizing and crafting strategy that aligns technical initiatives to business goals at the Executive-level;
- 5+ years of architecting, developing, and deploying scalable enterprise data solutions (Enterprise Data Warehouses, Data Marts, ETL/ELT workloads, etc.);
- 3+ years of hands-on experience with the Cloud Data Ecosystem using MPP databases (Redshift, Snowflake, or Azure Data warehouse), data storage (S3 or Azure Blob Storage) and/or analytics platforms (i.e. Spark, Databricks, etc.).
- Experience working at a consulting company.
- Demonstrated technical leadership experience working successfully as part of a large project team
- Demonstrated ability to communicate highly technical concepts in business terms and articulate business value of adopting cloud data technologies
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Software development background
- BI experience