Cloud Data Architect
About The Position
Are you passionate about data and delivering solutions for clients that turn data into valuable, actionable information for their business?
We are seeking a strong Cloud Data Architect who is intelligent, hard-working, and excited about helping shape the technology direction for AllCloud and our clients. The ideal candidate is one who is intellectually curious, a person who has a very solid technical foundation, and proven experience leveraging the latest and greatest cloud data solutions to support business intelligence, analytics, machine learning and AI.
In this client facing role, your main responsibility is to architect and implement Cloud Data solutions that support analytics and to help build and maintain our ever-growing data & analytics practice. This requires a unique combination of skills: ability to create a technical solution from a strategic vision; hands-on ability to implement the architected solutions; understanding of the intricacies of what’s needed by BI & analytics teams; proven ability to adapt to new technologies and techniques; implement methodologies for maintaining, monitoring, and enhancing cloud platforms; and the ability work effectively with agile product teams of data strategists, data engineers, data scientists, and business intelligence developers.
This candidate is one who is a well-rounded technologist and mentor, with good communication and relationship building skills. The advantage of working for AllCloud is that we are all about cloud data & analytics. You will be exposed to many technologies and unique challenges with like-minded, passionate people.
● Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience, in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or a related field. Commensurate work experience will be considered in lieu of degree.
● 5+ years of architecting, developing, and deploying scalable enterprise data solutions (Enterprise Data Warehouses, Data Marts, ETL/ELT workloads, etc.)
● 5+ years’ experience writing complex SQL queries, stored procedures, etc. as well as developing data models
● 3+ years of hands-on experience architecting, developing, and deploying scalable data solutions using MPP databases (Redshift, Snowflake, or Azure Data warehouse), data storage (S3 or Azure Blob Storage) and analytics platforms (i.e. Spark, Databricks, etc.). ● 3+ years of setup, configuration and administration of AWS or Azure data environments and a solid working knowledge of cloud networking, security and identify and access management
● Experience working with different types of data – structured, unstructured, and semi-structured in batch and real-time
● 3+ years of supporting business intelligence and analytic projects
● 3+ years’ experience with code versioning tools (SVN, Git, etc.)
● Demonstrated technical leadership experience working successfully as part of a large project team
● Demonstrated ability to communicate highly technical concepts in business terms and articulate business value of adopting cloud data technologies
● Excellent written and oral communication skills
● Software development background
● Infrastructure-as-code experience
● Containers, Docker, Kubernetes experience
● DevOps experience as well as Agile methods and tools
● Experience creating standard templates and guidelines to serve as accelerators for client engagements.
● Experience working at a consulting company.