Data Engineer (North America clients)
About The Position
AllCloud is a global professional services company providing organizations with tools for cloud enablement and transformation. Through a unique combination of expertise and agility, AllCloud accelerates cloud innovation and helps organizations fully unlock the value received from cloud technology.
As an AWS Premier Consulting Partner and a Salesforce Platinum Partner, AllCloud helps clients connect their front office and back office by building a new operating model that allows them to harness the benefits of both Salesforce and AWS. AllCloud is supported by a robust ecosystem of technology partners, proven methodologies, and well-documented best practices. Thereby, elevating customers by achieving operational excellence on the cloud, within a secure environment, at every milestone of the journey to becoming cloud-first.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
Candidates will be responsible for loading data over time (temporal data), adding in audit columns to the raw data sets that they load, testing loads, establishing connectivity to key systems, logging load metrics, cross-environment code promotion, authoring DDL and DML for the Data Warehouse, and deploying or enhancing role-based security models for the data warehouse. Candidate must be familiar with common Change Data Capture (CDC) patterns, at least 1 GUI based Data Integration tool, and an OOP Relevant to Data Engineering.
The Data Engineer is a highly motivated technical professional with a passion for moving information into a Data Warehouse ensuring Completeness, Consistency, Conformity, Accuracy, Integrity, and Timeliness with their Data Pipelines.
- Ability to design tables in a data warehouse that house historical data
- Ability to conduct initial and incremental loads
- Hands-on Experience performing at least 1 type of CDC
- Hands-on Experience with at least 1 GUI Based Data Integration Tool (Matillion, SSIS, Talend, Informatica, Kettle, AbInitio, ODI)
- Hands-on Experience with at least 1 Data Warehouse (Snowflake, Synapse, BigQuery, ADW, Teradata, Exadata, Netezza, SQL Server, Oracle)
- Expert Knowledge of SQL of any 1 format
- Experience utilizing SCM tools such as GitHub/GitLab/BitBucket
Nice to Have Skills:
- Hands-on Matillion Experience
- Hands-on Snowflake Experience
- Snowflake SnowPro Certification
- GitFlow Branch Methodology Experience
- Data Vault 2.0 Table Structure and Load Patterns
- Experience Hashing Data Attributes using MD5 or sha-256 in accordance with Data Vault 2.0 Requirements
- Financial Services or Health Care Experience
- Experience with Hands Off Production Promotions
- At least 1 Streaming Framework (Kafka, Spark Stream, etc.)
- PySpark and SparkQL Experience
- Experience with 1 Audit Log Based CDC Tool (AWS DMS RIs, GoldenGate, IDMC DBMI, IDMC Power Exchange CDC, Fivetran, Attunity, HVR)
- Technical Documentation of Solutions
Why work for us?
Our team inspires progress in each other and in our customers through our relentless pursuit of excellence; you will work with leaders who promote learning and personal development. We offer competitive salaries, bonus incentives, benefits, flexible hours, and mentoring. Apply now to become part of the team.
AllCloud is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, provincial, or local law.