Power BI Developer
About The Position
We’re hiring a BI Developer with strong experience delivering analytics and insights from data leveraging Power BI as the BI tool along with other Cloud tools and techniques. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience in analyzing data to meet business needs and visualizing insights to tell a story and achieve actionable results. This candidate will also have experience connecting to a variety of data types (structured and semi-structured) and sources including On-Premise relational and Cloud Data Warehouses. Excellent problem-solving ability and data visualization skills while dealing with large volumes of data will round out the ideal candidate.
- Work with cross-functional teams to research, develop and deliver Business Intelligence solutions, from concept to design and implementation;
- Curation of data when needed and writing of complex SQL queries, stored procedures, etc.;
- Analysis and visualization of complex data sets to uncover and illustrate insights and provide recommendations;
- Gathering of data requirements on KPIs and metrics directly from the end users and mapping those requirements to the data warehouse models and the ultimate source system of record.
- Experience supporting scalable data visualization and BI solutions leveraging the power of MPP Cloud Data Warehouses like Snowflake, Redshift, and Synapse;
- Expertise in modeling and visualizing outcomes of different scenarios and simulations given a large dataset;
- Demonstrated ability to communicate data insights and model results in business terms and articulate business value;
- Demonstrated ability to gather precise requirements for KPIs and data fields required for solution implementation;
- Familiarity and experience working with standard data warehousing frameworks;
- 5+ years developing, and deploying scalable Business Intelligence data solutions with Power BI;
- Excellent DAX and Power Query knowledge;
- Excellent SQL development skills;
- Strong data modeling experience in Power BI;
- Experience with troubleshooting report runtime and performance issues;
- 3+ years working with business users to understand and document their needs;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience, in Computer Science, Data Science, Mathematics or a related field. Commensurate work experience will be considered in lieu of degree;
- Power BI certifications - Exam PL-300 or Exam DA-100 or Exam 70-778 or equivalent;
- Experience with other BI tools (Tableau, Looker, etc.);
- Experience with visualization packages in python or R (matplotlib, plotly, ggplot, shiny, etc.);
- Experience with Snowflake;
- Experience with dbt;
- Experience with AWS Cloud and Salesforce.
AllCloud is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics, or any other basis forbidden under federal, provincial, or local law.