Senior Data Engineer
About The Position
AllCloud is looking for a savvy Senior Data Engineer to join our growing team of data experts. The hire will be responsible for migrating to the cloud, and optimizing our customers’ databases and data flows and enrich our operational and functional data flows with AI/ML algorithms.
The ideal candidate is not afraid of data in any form or scale, and is experienced with cloud services to ingest, stream, store and manipulate data. The Data Engineer will support new systems designs and migration of existing ones, working closely with solutions architects, project managers and data scientists. The candidate must be self-directed, fast-learners and comfortable supporting the data needs of multiple teams, systems and products. The right candidate will be excited by the prospect of optimising or re-designing our customers’ data architecture to support their next generation of products and data initiatives and machine learning systems.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
- Keep our customers’ data separated and secure to meet compliance and regulations requirements.
- Design, Build and Operate the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL, cloud migration tools and ‘big data’ technologies.
- Optimize various RDBMS engines in the cloud and solve customers' security, performance and operation problems.
- Design, Build and Operate large, complex data lakes that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
- Optimize various data types ingestion, storage, processing and retrieval from near real-time events, and IoT, to unstructured data as images, audio, video and documents, and in between.
- Work with customers' and internal stakeholders including the Executive, Product, Data, Software Development and Design teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure and business needs.
- 5+ years of experience in a Data Engineer role in a cloud native echo-system.
- Bachelor (Graduate preferred) degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Informatics, Information Systems or another quantitative field.
- Working experience with the following technologies/tools:
- big data tools: Spark, ElasticSearch, Kafka, Kinesis etc.
- Relational SQL and NoSQL databases, such as MySQL or Postgres and DynamoDB or Cassandra.
- Cloud data services.
- Functional and scripting languages: Python, Java, Scala, etc.
- Advanced SQL
- Experience building and optimising ‘big data’ pipelines, architectures and data sets.
- Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing, and highly scalable ‘big data’ stores.
- Experience supporting and working with external customers in a dynamic environment.
- Articulate with great communication and presentation skills
- Team player that can train as well as learn from others.
- Advantage: Experience with various ML models for classification, scoring and more.
- Advantage: Experience with Deep Learning Neural Networks (Convolution, NLP etc.)
Why work for us?
Our team inspires progress in each other and in our customers through our relentless pursuit of excellence; you will work with leaders who promote learning and personal development. We offer competitive salaries, bonus incentives, benefits, flexible hours, and mentoring. Apply now to become part of the team.
AllCloud is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, provincial, or local law.