Vice President IT/IS
About The Position
AllCloud is a global professional services company providing organizations with tools for cloud enablement and transformation. Through a unique combination of expertise and agility, AllCloud accelerates cloud innovation and helps organizations fully unlock the value received from cloud technology.
Department Description: IT/IS is committed to providing leadership, support, and coordination of technology, project management, analytics, technology infrastructure, application support and oversight, and coordination of all information security and privacy regulatory considerations.
- Identifies and presents the best long-term direction for the Information Systems functions, based on the overall mission and business strategy.
- Providing leadership and strategic direction for the IT/IS functional areas: IT/IS Applications & PMO, Infrastructure, Helpdesk, Compliance, and Information Security Operations
- Responsible for both capital and operational expenditures necessary to provide the integration and cost-effective utilization of information systems. Promotes a “Return on Investment” approach to developing IT resources for the organization.
- Provides guidance and oversight of technical security, including asset and data protection. Serves as a member of several key decision-making bodies of the organization and responsible for IT Governance and oversight.
- Clearly communicating and reinforcing IT/IS programs and timelines to the organization ensuring awareness of initiatives that impact the various business units within the organization
- Responsible for directing the implementation of information resources to support the strategic direction and operations of the company.
- Manage and lead organizational resources in preparation for and execution of ISO27K and GDPR compliance certification audits
- Maintain a close working relationship with DPO and CISO regarding security and compliance initiatives
- Align IT objectives and programs to the strategic priorities of the entire C-suite.
- Providing leadership for the IT department
- Assessing current and future information and technology needs of the organization
- Communicating strategic recommendations regarding operations, implementation, and security issues to senior leadership
- Partnering with peers
- Developing standards and processes for the protection of information systems against cyber attacks
- Managing day-to-day operations of the IT department
- Directing financial activities of the IT department, such as the development of the annual IT budget
- Creative and effective change management.
- Communication skills to interact effectively with employees, partners, vendors, prospective and current customers
- The ability to perform financial analyses including forecasting, assisting in exploring strategic options, and developing creative solutions to complex business issues
- The ability to interpret, analyze and explain financial information
- The ability to systematically gather information from a variety of sources, analyze information, identify implications of data, draw appropriate conclusions, generate viable alternative solutions to a question or problem and evaluate the consequences of choosing each alternative
- Broad-based knowledge of an IT infrastructure to include the desktop environment, server environment, data center environment, network environment, telecommunications, enterprise database constructs, system auditing, and IT security and governance
- Have skill in developing and utilizing the budget as a planning and control tool
- Management of personnel, business, marketing, technology, and communications functions with a strong focus on “team”
- Technical knowledge of current techniques in Information Technology management, e.g. ITIL (strongly desired)
- Demonstrated continuous improvement experience
- Developing detailed procedures for system access and permissions to support auditing and detection of compliance issues
- Drive and deliver on IT compliance, creating and evangelizing IT policies and procedures. Ensuring standards align with all regulatory requirements and industry best practices
- Developing effective procedures for regular system maintenance patches/updates and vulnerability management, based on established best practices
- Leadership – inspires, motivates, and guides others toward accomplishing goals. Achieves desired results through effective people management
- Conflict Resolution - Influences others to build consensus and gain cooperation. Proactively resolves conflicts in a positive and constructive manner
- Critical Thinking - Identifies complex problems, involves key parties, gathers pertinent data, and considers various options in the decision-making process. Develops, evaluates, and implements effective solutions.
- Maintaining expert-level knowledge of Cloud infrastructures, including SAAS, IAAS, and PAAS
- Delegates and initiates/manages cross-functional teams and multi-disciplinary projects
AllCloud is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, provincial, or local law.