About The Position
We are looking for a Data Engineer to join our growing team of data experts. The hire will be responsible for migrating to the cloud, and optimizing our customers’ databases, data flows across data types, to modern cloud architectures and tools, to meet functional and non-functional requirements.
The ideal candidate is not afraid of data in any form or scale and is happy to learn and teach new data tools. The candidate enjoys optimizing data systems and building them from the ground up. The Data engineer must be self-directed and comfortable supporting the data needs of multiple teams, systems, and products.
As a Data Engineer you will be responsible for the following:
- Design, Build and Operate the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and cloud (mainly AWS) migration tools
- Familiarity with various RDBMS engines in aspects of security, performance, and operation problems
- Design, Build and Operate large, complex data lakes that meet functional / non-functional business requirements
- Optimize various data types ingestion, storage, processing, and retrieval from near real-time events, and IoT, to unstructured data as images, audio, video, and documents, and in between
- Build visualization views to provide actionable insights into customer data, and its flow within the pipeline, to calculate key business performance metrics and prediction models
- 1+ years of experience in a Data Engineer role, who has attained a Bachelor's (Graduate preferred) degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Informatics, Information Systems, or another quantitative field.
- Experience using the following software/tools:
- 1 + year experience in SSIS development in SQL Server environment - Mandatory
- Experience with relational SQL / NoSQL databases
- Experience with one or more functional and scripting languages: Python, Java, Scala, etc.
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases.
- Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets.
- Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency, and workload management.
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- Self-learning with strong communication and presentation skills.
- Experience with AWS cloud services: EC2, RDS, EMR, Redshift, etc.
- Experience supporting and working with external customers in a dynamic environment.
- Experience with SSRS / Power BI / Tableau
Why work for us?
Our team inspires progress in each other and in our customers through our relentless pursuit of excellence; you will work with leaders who promote learning and personal development. We offer competitive salaries, bonus incentives, benefits, flexible hours, and mentoring. Apply now to become part of the team.
AllCloud is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, provincial, or local law.