AWS Big-Data Cloud Engineer
About The Position
AllCloud is looking for a savvy AWS Big-Data Cloud Engineer to join our growing team of data experts. The hire will be responsible for migrating to the cloud, and optimizing our customers’ databases and data flows, and enrich our operational and functional data flow with AI/ML algorithms.
AllCloud is a global professional services company providing organizations with tools for cloud enablement and transformation. As an AWS Premier Consulting Partner and an official AWS Authorised Training Partner (ATP)., AllCloud helps clients connect their front office and back office by building a new operating model that allows them to harness the benefits of both Salesforce and AWS. With over 12 years of experience and a portfolio with thousands of successful cloud deployments, AllCloud serves clients across the globe. AllCloud has offices in Israel, Europe, and North America.
The Data Engineer will support new systems designs and migration of existing ones, working closely with solutions architects, project managers, and data scientists. As AWS Big Data Cloud Engineer, you will be excited by the prospect of optimizing or re-designing our customers’ data architecture to support the next generation of products and data initiatives and machine learning systems.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
- Keep our customers’ data separated and secure to meet compliance and regulations requirements.
- Design, Build and Operate the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL, cloud migration tools, and ‘big data’ technologies.
- Optimize various RDBMS engines in the cloud and solve customers' security, performance, and operation problems.
- Design, Build, and Operate large, complex data lakes that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
- Optimize various data types ingestion, storage, processing, and retrieval from near real-time events, and IoT, to unstructured data as images, audio, video, and documents, and in between.
- Work with customers' and internal stakeholders including the Executive, Product, Data, Software Development, and Design teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure and business needs.
- 1+ years of experience in a Data Engineer role in a cloud-native echo-system.
- Bachelor (Graduate preferred) degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Informatics, Information Systems, or another quantitative field.
- Working experience with the following technologies/tools:
- big data tools: Spark, ElasticSearch, Hadoop, Kafka, Kinesis, etc.
- Relational SQL and NoSQL databases, such as MySQL or Postgres and DynamoDB or Cassandra.
- AWS data services.
- Functional and scripting languages: Python, Java, Scala, etc.
- Advanced SQL
- Experience building and optimizing ‘big data’ pipelines, architectures, and data sets.
- Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing, and highly scalable ‘big data’ stores.
- Experience supporting and working with external customers in a dynamic environment.
- Team player that can train as well as learn from others.
- Advantage: Experience with various ML models for classification, scoring, and more.
- Advantage: Experience with Deep Learning Neural Networks (Convolution, NLP, etc.)
Why work for us?
Our team inspires progress in each other and in our customers through our relentless pursuit of excellence; you will work with leaders who promote learning and personal development. We offer competitive salaries, bonus incentives, benefits, flexible hours, and mentoring. Apply now to become part of the team.
AllCloud is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics, or any other basis forbidden under federal, provincial, or local law.