Head of Big-Data & Analytics (m/f/d)
About The Position
We are looking for an experienced manager to lead our growing team of data engineers and AI/ML experts in Munich. The hire will be responsible for a growing team of data experts in various aspects of the domain, including data engineers, data scientists, data analysts, and DataOps. The team is supporting a large number of customers that are stepping their first steps toward AI, as well as scale their ML practices to take better advantage of the cloud.
The ideal candidate is not afraid of system complexity and data in any form or scale, and happy to learn and teach new data tools. He/She must be able to hire and develop the best team members in an evolving and ambiguous environment. The candidate should have a proven track record of the ability to simplify and invent and transform the complex systems into simpler, more flexible and smarter applications, to support innovative business requirements. The candidate enjoys working with customers, including C-level and IT people and working closely with solutions architects and project managers. He/She must be self-directed and comfortable supporting the data needs of multiple teams, systems, and products. The right candidate will be excited by the prospect of optimizing or re-designing our customers’ data architecture to support their next generation of products and data initiatives and machine learning and AI systems.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
- Hire, Develop and Manage multiple teams of data and AI experts supporting various customers projects in different verticals, including low tech, SMBs, large enterprise, and start-up companies.
- Help selling, designing and delivering agile data and AI projects with collaboration with the account managers, project managers and delivery managers of AllCloud.
- Work with customers and internal stakeholders including the Executive, Product, Data, Software Development and Design teams to assist with data-related projects and support their data infrastructure needs.
- We are looking for a candidate with 10+ years of experience in an R&D and/or Delivery management roles, who have attained a Bachelor's (Master preferred) degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Informatics, Information Systems or another quantitative field.
- Working experience with AWS various eco-system and services.
- Working experience with DB technologies (SQL, non-SQL) and Hadoop echo-system (Hive, Spark, Kafka)
- Working experience with AI/ML tools and models.
- Strong leadership, hiring, team development, and organizational skills.
- Experience supporting and working with external customers in a dynamic environment.
- Hands-on attitude and experience for system design, PoC, and integration using cloud and other web services and APIs.
- Proven curiosity and ability to learn big and fast data services, machine learning and AI concepts and tools.
- Fluency in Germany and English is essential
AllCloud is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, provincial, or local law.