Data Architect (m/f/d)
About The Position
AllCloud is looking for an experienced Cloud Data Architect to drive the professional domain of big-data, analytics, AI and ML across EMEA. As a Data Architect, you will be responsible for early engagements with potential customers to understand their business needs and translate them to technical solutions. In addition, you will be required to own the professional knowledge of the team, including building and executing training plans to meet the market needs and AllCloud’s business targets. As a Data Architect Lead, you will be working with customers, including C-level and IT people and working closely with solutions architects and project managers.
We are looking for a candidate with a proven track record of the ability to simplify, invent and transform the complex systems into simpler, more flexible and smarter applications, to support innovative business requirements. You must be self-directed and comfortable supporting the data needs of multiple teams, systems, and products. The right candidate will be excited by the prospect of optimizing or re-designing our customers’ data architecture to support their next generation of products and data initiatives and machine learning and AI systems.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
- Support sales processes by designing and delivering agile data and AI projects with collaboration with the account managers, project managers and delivery managers of AllCloud.
- Own the technical solutions for big-data, analytics, AI and ML projects.
- Build POCs for customers (hands-on).
- Deliver top-quality design and architecture documents to our customers.
- Build and control training plans for the team members towards new technologies required for future projects.
- Own the professional/technical relationship with our vendors such as AWS.
Summary of Experience
- 5+ years of experience in an R&D and/or Delivery technical leadership roles.
- Bachelor's (Master or PhD preferred) degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Informatics, Information Systems or another quantitative field.
- Working experience with cloud eco-systems and services - preferably AWS.
- Fluency in German is essential.
- Working experience with DB technologies (OLAP, OLTP, MPP, SQL, No-SQL) and Hadoop eco-system (Spark, Livy, YARN, etc.).
- Working experience with AI/ML frameworks and models.
- Excellent customer facing skills.
- Experience supporting and working with external customers in a dynamic environment.
- Articulate in verbal and written communication.
- A team player that can efficiently collaborate with developers, C-Level and sales teams.
- Ability to translate business challenges into technical solutions.
- Proven experience in technical leadership of small and large scale cloud data projects.
- Hands-on attitude and experience for system design, POC, and integration using cloud and other web services and APIs.
- Proven curiosity and ability to quickly self-learn.
Why work for us?
Our team inspires progress in each other and in our customers through our relentless pursuit of excellence; you will work with leaders who promote learning and personal development. We offer competitive salaries, bonus incentives, benefits, flexible hours, and mentoring. Apply now to become part of the team.
- work with cut edge-technologies
- Personal development and training plans
- Company events with our international team
- Work-Life-Balance & trust working hours
- competitive salary and bonuses
- Regular (completely optional) after-work team events such as playing ping-pong, dinners, and drinks
- High-end equipment, e.g. MacBook
- A creative atmosphere, which makes it possible to pursue your own ideas
AllCloud is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics, or any other basis forbidden under federal, provincial, or local law.